Monday, August 23, 2010

free free FREE

Many people leave Paris for the month of August and many stores and cafes are closed. The city of Paris, realizes that not everyone can afford to go jet off to Italy or wherever for a month, so they provide many free events during the month of August. Which I took advantage of.
paris2010.2 011
Cinema en plein air & Cinéma au Clair de Lune were two different events that took place in different parts of the city from July 17 til Aug 22. They showed various movies on these inflatable screens & everyone would picnic before hand. So lovely! I saw My Private Idaho & a french musical about a threesome. They were both excellent films that would never be shown on a big screen in America due to their racy content! I was going to see Science of Sleep, but I got lost on the way.

Paris Plages was happening as well. They basically built a beach along the banks of the Seine & blocked it off to traffic. It was really cool.


paris2010.2 019
free foosball!
paris2010.2 021
free dance lessons!
paris2010.2 018
free music!

I have been doing a great job of staying within my budget here in Paris thanks to all the free entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment