Saturday, August 21, 2010

FOOOD

If anyone knows anything about me, they know I love to eat. I even have a food dance if something is really really good. So of course I should do a post about all the delightful foods I have had to eat thus far.
I love big cities for the fact that I can eat what I want and not gain weight because I walk everywhere. Unlike in the midwest where my typical mode of transportation is a car and I eat fast food once a day because I lack self control!

CURRYWURST:
mainz2010 089
So good. Bratwurst and french fries covered in curry ketchup and mayonnaise sprinkled with fried onions.

GERMAN POTATO SALAD:

Malina's Oma made some for us and it was wonderful!

THOMY:

A wonderful mustard that I ate on everything.

SPIESSBRATEN:
wisbaden wine fest 08.2010
mainz2010.01 066 (waiting for spiessbraten)
I'm not exactly sure what makes this pork dish so amazing, but it is.

DONER:
mainz2010.02 181
(my first doner)
Lamb or pork with chopped lettuce, cabbage, onions, cucumber, and tomatoes. You can choose between hot sauce (scharfe Soße), herb sauce (Kräutersoße), curry sauce (Currysoße), cocktail sauce (Cocktailsoße) garlic sauce (Knoblauchsoße), or yogurt (Joghurtsoße). Wrapped in thick flatbread (Fladenbrot) that is usually toasted or warmed. I want one now!

BAGUETTES, BRIE, CUCUMBERS, & WHITE WINE:
paris2010.1 002
This is what I have been living on in Paris. I'm too timid to go order food in a cafe! At least it is delicious & cheap!


PICNICS:
mainz2010.02 036
everyone picnics in Europe. Quite lovely!

DRINKS:
SCWIPP-SHWAP

cola & orangejuice from Germany.
Fun fact! Soda in general is not as sweet here. That is because it is made with sugar cane & high fructose corn syrup.

MINERAL WATER


COFFEE:

keeps the world running. love that french press!

JACK & COKE IN A CAN:
mainz2010.01 042
surprisingly good.

GUMMIES:
wisbaden wine fest 08.2010 wisbaden wine fest 08.2010 gummies mainz2010.01 077 gummies gummies! The love of gummies is shockingly amazing in Europe. All these pictures are from Mainz, but the love is strong here in Paris too.


wisbaden wine fest 08.2010
Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kell... now I'm starving! :) [miss you lovely; and thinking of you as I am making more Kiki LaRue goods]

    ReplyDelete