Sunday, September 12, 2010

hostel livin

Sooo... the cleaning lady is here today, so I get to take it easy and have time to update this.
I made it to Kilkenny, Ireland. I'm working at Macgabhainns (pronounced "macgowens") backpackers hostel. My work consists to making beds, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, emptying the dishwasher for about 4 hours a day. Just general housework that I don't do in the real world. haha. When I return to the states I will be a domestic goddess, well, as soon as I learn to cook a proper meal!

When I am not working, I usually will walk around the town aimlessly, read, nap, go to the grocery store, grab a pint or a cup of tea. It is quite lovely.

What is interesting about working/living in a hostel is all the random people that you meet, and I have met many interesting people from all over the world!

There is such a positive energy around me now that i have not felt in a really long time. I'm really really happy that i came here. :)

1 comment: