Wednesday, September 29, 2010

dream

quote_5513
someone told me the saddest thing the other day. it actually made me cry!
we were talking about life and the frustrations of working in a job you hate. i asked my favorite question, "in a perfect world, what would you life be like?"
this person said they didn't know and that it was a stupid question. i think dreaming is so important. even just to escape the real world for a bit and to use your imagination.
if you can't dream of a great life you will never be able to achieve a great life!

so i ask you, dearest readers..
in a perfect world, what would your life be like?

2 comments:

  1. I've also been thinking about dreams and how I don't anymore at least not like I did as a child. I did a blog post talking about my "Life To Do List" that I wrote in Middle School...Need to revise it I think
    http://passporttomyworld.tumblr.com/post/1131646427/life-to-do-list

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! it reminds me of this episode of This American Life http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/178/superpowers

    There was a woman who thought she had superpowers as a child so she made this list of all the things to strengthen her powers as a child and she almost got to work for the CSI as a result of all her training. It's a VERY interesting listen!

    ReplyDelete