Thursday, December 9, 2010

Indiana wants me...

Why hello there!
I've been in Indiana for about 3 weeks now. It was been quite the 3 weeks.

I was unable to go to New York AND had to pass on an amazing $400 trip to Mexico because I am b.r.o.k.e. And that breaks my heart.

I've been looking for jobs, I decided to update my blog because I needed a break from sending out my resume. I'm not sure what direction I want to take this blog now that I am back, or if I even want to keep it.I welcome any feedback you might have. But as for now it is a good distraction.

So when I returned from Portland, I moved all of my stuff out of my ex's apartment and am now living at home with my parents and my grandmother who has Alzheimer's. Oh, how the mighty have fallen! haha
It is a really weird adjustment to say the least. You never really realize how much time you spend with a single person, until you stop hanging out with them! I'm fortunate enough to have excellent parents that are willing to help me out. I know that I also help them out with my taking care of my grandma. A truly symbiotic relationship.
I think the weirdest part about it all is having to have the same conversations with my grandma at least 6 times a day. She is in good health and very pleasant, not aggressive at all, so we are all very lucky that she is able to live with us.
It's strange how she remembers people. She knows me as the girl who traveled to Europe and she thinks I am married to a man with a beard.
I never know where she is in her head, I assume is she is in the present, but she usually is not. She often thinks she is a child or will call her old home to have her husband (who is deceased) come pick her up.

So that is that. We all float on. Here are some pictures.

DSCF2320
trekking up to Bagby Hotsprings
DSCF2290
the best!

spouting horns

1 comment:

  1. hello, kelly.
    I still check this often so I think it would be great if you continued it. It actually inspired me to start one of my own (if you give me your email address i'll give you the site).
    I like to hear what you are doing in your life.
    Just because you aren't traveling the exciting lands of Europe doesn't mean that world is no longer your oyster. You will still meet interesting people, strange situations will still happen, possibilities are still endless.
    Sometimes we have to look a little deeper to find those moments in our everyday life, but they are still there. Maybe writing and reflecting on them will help you to notice and appreciate them even more.

    The way that you look at life is inspiring to people. I know it is to me.

    love.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete